After a thousand years as a Windows PC user, I'm switching to an Apple iMac. Here's why:
1. The Leopard Operating System. Take Apple's Guided Tour of Leopard.
2. You Can Run Every Program in the Universe. Abiltiy to run the other major operating systems, including Windows XP and Linux.
3. Sound and Video. This generation communicates via voice and moving images. The computer most-often used by sound-and-video professionals is the Mac.
4. Apple's Other Stuff. Easy integration with other appealing Apple products and gizmos, such as iPods and iPhones and iTunes.
5. MS Non-compliance. I want to send a message to Microsoft: "Make your web browser compliant with web standards." . See this
article by Hakon Lie from The Register. See also, Lie's Open Letter to the Web Community
And for 5 more reasons ...
6. Hasta La Vista, Vista ... I don't like Microsoft's new operating system.
7. Security. With Macs, there is less to worry about concerning the many varieties of malware.
8. Keynote Presentation software. ... Whenever I see a stunning presentation, it's been made with Keynote. Keynote comes included in Apple's reaonsonably-priced iWorks.
9. Value. At first, PCs seem to be cheaper than Macs — until you put together your ideal configuration of PC hardware and software. And then you discover that the Mac is a good deal.
10. Why not? .... As Zorba the Greek says: "You're like a grocer, you weigh everything. Can't a man do something just because he wants to!"